August 13: I learned a new cast on for this hat - the Alternate Cable Cast-On. It wasn’t too difficult to get the hang of and after knitting just a few rounds, I can see the benefits of using this cast on. It provides a rather nice edge for the K1P1 ribbing. I’m glad that I tried it.
August 16: Finished! A perfect fit. Instead of doing the two full additional repeats, I did one full repeat and one half (I stopped just before beginning the eyelets) before starting the decreases. I’m glad that I did that because I think having 7 additional rounds on this would have made it just a tad too big.
Pattern: Hermione's Cable and Eyelet Hat by Jackie Lauseng
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Frost Gray