Thursday, May 31, 2007

Husky Dog

I have a book called World of Knitted Toys, which is what I used when I made the snake for Kyle. Jarrett was really excited to see a husky pattern inside as he loves huskies. So I made it for him and finished this morning - just in time as today is his birthday.

I'm not sure how much he truly looks like a husky, but it's a cute little thing. I'm glad I was able to find blue eyes - Jarrett says that it's not a husky without blue eyes.





I did run into a few problems while I was knitting this. The yarns that I used were two different brands and although they looked like they were the same weight, they knitted up quite differently. My first attempt at the body created a very tiny grey piece and a large white piece which just looked awful together. So I tried again, going up two needles sizes for the grey. It's still a little smaller, but looks much better than the first one. I also couldn't figure out how to get the feet to turn so the legs are just straight down, but I don't think it looks that bad. He doesn't want to stand up, so I did have to fix the front two legs to get him to stand - I'll ask Jarrett if he wants me to do the back legs also or if he's okay like this. Lots of seaming and sewing together - tasks I don't like very much, but he's cute and will make Jarrett happy, so it's worth it.

Yarn used:
Grey - Plymouth Yarn (80% Baby Alpaca; 20% Acrylic)
White - Sensations Beautiful (49% Acrylic; 51% Nylon)

No comments: