Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Green Irish Hiking Scarf

I had made an Irish Hiking Scarf for myself (I love it!) and so I decided to make one for the Comitatus silent auction. While gaming, I've been knitting on the scarf (the pattern is easy to follow so I don't have to concentrate very much on it). Well, one of the gamers has been commenting on the scarf and how much she loves it and that she'll definitely be bidding on it in the auction. I know I should probably leave it for the auction, but she really seems to love it. And handknitted pieces are things that I'd really like to go to an appreciative home - I probably spent well over 30 hours on this scarf. And her birthday is tomorrow. I finished the scarf today - perfect timing. So tomorrow at game night, she'll find the scarf all for her without having to worry about losing it to someone in the auction. (I'll just have to make some other projects to make up for this one.) Oh, and this one is made out of Malabrigo as well!



No comments: