Friday, February 26, 2010

Ingenue

January 29: I can’t seem to stop myself from starting new projects instead of finishing projects. But I’ve been really looking forward to knitting a sweater with this yarn and I think this pattern works rather well for the yarn so I wanted to give it a start. I’m really loving the rich colors in the yarn.

January 31: Two skeins used so far. It’s so gorgeous! I’m in awe of the way the colors just blend together.

February 1: The main body is complete (and used almost all of 3 skeins of yarn). Just the sleeves remaining!

February 3: Started the first sleeve. Since my row gauge is a bit off, I’m adding a row or two between each of the decreases and increases to help make up for it.

February 6: Finished the first sleeve. I think it used a bit over half a skein, but I’ll get more precise measurements a little later. I also went ahead and sewed down the neck section so that way I could make sure everything is fitting okay. I hope blocking adds a little length because I’m thinking the body is just a tad bit short, so we’ll see what happens then. But must start and finish the second sleeve before I get there!

February 10: And finished.



Pattern: Ingenue by Wendy Bernard (from Custom Knits)
Yarn: JulieSpins MCN 200 in Cedar

No comments: