Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hat, Bag and Bowls

In the past week I've been trying out some smaller projects, mostly to use up some of my bits of Malabrigo (because I have tons of bits of Malabrigo since I can't seem to stop myself from buying more all the time!) and also to get some different types of items for the shop (online and local) to see what customers might be interested in.

So this week I made a hat. I've done the pattern before (Amanda Hat--I wrote about starting this hat in the previous post) and thought that it would work well with the multicolored Malabrigo that I had. And I was right. I really like how this one turned out. I've taken it down to the Craft House, but if it doesn't sell within the next few months, then I just might take it back for myself.



With the leftovers of this yarn, I made a couple of small felted bowls. I've actually made three (two extra small and one small) but have felted only two. The third one will be felted the next time I do a jeans wash (which just might be today). The two bowls are also down at The Craft House. Sadly I took a quick picture and didn't really look at it before taking these to the store, and the picture did not turn out well at all. I'll post it anyway. Sorry about the really bad picture. Originally (and according to the pattern), the tops are not turned down, but I kinda liked them that way when I was setting them out to dry and I'm glad that I turned the tops down.


Finally I worked on a drawstring pouch. I've made some before, but this one is bigger than the previous ones. Once again, I used Malabrigo, in a purple color that I had used a little of for another project. I did an i-cord for the drawstring. This one, too, is at The Craft House.


So, speaking of The Craft House, while I was there today dropping off the new items, I took a few quick pictures of my booth.

Here's the whole thing. The wood structure was there and I picked this particular booth space because of it. I liked the various dowel rods coming off it to be able to hang stuff on. And those have definitely been useful.

Here's a closer view of the top of the booth. Hanging on the left are some socks, an infinity cowl, and a ruffled scarf. Hanging on the right are a baby cardigan, and just below the frame of this picture, the Amanda hat and a cropped cardigan. I strung some yarn between two posts at the top and using clothespins, I hung two shawls, some dishcloths, and the drawstring pouches. On the shelf below that is a basket with some baby hats inside with two attached to the outside. On the next shelf, just out of this picture is the cloche hat on the styrofoam head. And that should be all the knitted stuff. (I'll detail the sewn items on my sewing blog.)
So although they were smaller projects, it's been a good knitting week, I feel. I've been going through various books on my shelf looking for some of these smaller projects to use up some of my yarn, so I'll be trying out some other items over the next few weeks.

No comments: