Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finished Projects and New Model

I've finished a few projects lately, started quite a few projects lately, and finally updated some pictures so I can post about them. First the finished projects:

I finished the Ashfield Cardigan quite a while back (April 14), but for some reason I just never got around to taking finished project pictures, so here are a few of those:




By the way, what do you think of my new model? I got her yesterday (she needs a name). I've been looking for various display options for my booth at Main Street Artisans and I found this dress form for about 1/3 the cost of a brand new one. It definitely makes taking pictures of finished projects a lot easier. I guess I'll have to go up to the store once it opens (August) to take pictures of items because this is so much better than what I've done before (see scarf and shawl pictures below).

I also finished a shawl: Herbivore from Stephen West. I started it back in March during a class at my LYS but it has been lingering, so I decided to really focus my concentration on it and get it finished. I did that this weekend, blocked it, and now it's dry and ready to wear. I haven't decided yet if I want to keep it for myself or try to sell it.




I've also been working on a scarf. But it's not just any scarf: it's a scarf that I designed myself. Back in September of last year, there was a design-your-own scarf class at my LYS and I went and started working on a scarf. But I put it aside (my son had recently been born) and didn't pick it back up again until recently. I changed a couple of things on the design, ripped out the couple of inches I had already knit, and started over. The result is something I'm quite happy about. It's currently undergoing pattern testing and once that is complete (the deadline is July 31), I'll have the pattern available on Ravelry. Until then, I give you pictures of my Criseyde scarf. (Criseyde is a character in one of Chaucer's poems. I plan to use medieval character/place names for all of my designs.)

 
 
 

I finished this hat back in May. It will be available for sale at Main Street Artisans.


I do have some items still in progress, but I think I'll leave this post as one of the finished items only. Now to get back to work on some of those projects still on the needles!

No comments: