Saturday, January 10, 2009

BFF Socks

Oct. 27: Started first sock. Finished the 1” cuff.

Oct. 31: Wrestled with the cable increase round but finally got through it. That was a bit tough!

Nov. 8: Finished turning the heel and picking up and decreasing the gusset stitches. Ready now for knitting the foot.

Nov. 21: I’ve been working on other projects, so this sock has been put aside a little too long. I tried to work on it last week, but when I pulled it out I realized that my working needle had broken! Fortunately it was a Knit Picks Harmony set which comes with 6 needles, so I have a replacement (and KP will send me an extra one if yet another one breaks). Unfortunately I was away from home so couldn’t work on it then. So last night I pulled it back out and did 6 more rounds on the foot. I hope to finish the first sock and cast on for the second over Thanksgiving break.

Nov. 24: Just the toe remaining on sock #1! Should be able to finish this one tomorrow.

Nov. 25: Finished first sock. Fits perfectly!

Jan. 2: Finally cast on for second sock. Finished the cuff and the set up for the cable pattern.

Jan. 5: Turned the heel on the second sock and picked up the gusset stitches. Now I’m working on the decreases.

Jan. 8: Finished! The second sock did the same weird spiral pooling as the first but just not in the same place. But I think the socks still look great and they fit and feel wonderful!

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock - Mediumweight in Tide Pool
Pattern: BFF Socks

No comments: