Saturday, January 10, 2009

Minimalist Cardigan

This is for my mom for Christmas. I had her look through a bunch of patterns and she picked this one as well as the yarn.

November 11: Finally started working on this one again. Hope to finish it in time for Christmas!

December 6: I’ve finished knitting the back and one of the sides. So I just have the other side and the two sleeves (and then the seaming). I’m still not sure if I’ll finish it in time for Christmas, but at least I’m making some good progress on it.

December 22: I’m working on the sleeves now. I’m doing both at once so that way I’ll know that they’ll be exactly the same size. But this is not going to be finished in time for Christmas.

December 26: Finally finished knitting the sleeves. Now all that’s left is seaming it all together!

January 2: New year but same project. But I am close to completion. I have finished seaming the shoulders, neckline, one sleeve and side and thus have just the other sleeve and side to go. And I’ve tried on the half-finished version and it fits perfectly (my mom is really close to my size so it should fit her as well). But I’m so tired of seaming and weaving in ends so I think I’ll finish up this weekend.

January 4: Finished! I’m quite happy with it although I am finding the yarn a little itchy. I just hope my mom likes it!

January 7: My mom got the cardigan today and absolutely loves it!

Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk in Cranberry
Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I've got the yarn and pattern for this sweater, and have been searching for photos of finished versions--yours looks terrific, and I love the color.