Saturday, February 14, 2009

Anklet Socks

December 2, 2008: Started socks and finished first 4 rounds.

December 4, 2008: Oops. I was planning to shorten the leg section, but I accidentally overlooked one step (the ribbing), so it’s not quite matching the pattern.

December 6, 2008: Finished turning the heel and picking up the gusset stitches. I’ve made two pairs of socks so far with this technique and both times I’ve had a lot of trouble with this part, even having to remove the stitches to other needles to get everything to line up correctly. This time I went over the errata even more carefully and really paid attention to the directions. And miracle! It worked. I got everything lined up and all the stitches picked up perfectly. Yay!

January 21, 2009: I was using just one ball of yarn, with one end from the inside and the other from the outside. I didn’t keep track of my yarn as well as I should have, so I ended up with massive tangles. So much so that I finally had to cut the yarn to untangle it, which was frustrating. I’m not sure that this 2-at-a-time on one circular method is quite right for me. But the socks are finished.





No comments: