Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cabled Nook Sleeve

November 2: Emily asked me to test this pattern to see if it fits my Nook. Finished two pattern repeats. I didn’t believe that it would fit because in unstretched form, it is tiny! But so far it does appear to fit. I did got up a needle size since I know that I knit more tightly than Emily, but in doing so it looks like my gauge is off (4 stitches per inch instead of the listed 5). But honestly, I don’t think it would fit at 5 stitches per inch. 

November 7: Almost finished. Just need to do crochet edging and add button. It’s a tight squeeze but it does fit around my Nook.

November 9: I still need a button, but I’m going to go ahead and call this done.




Updated with picture showing button:

















Pattern: Cabled Kindle Sleeve by Emily Nimz
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Paris Night


For sale in my etsy shop: Nook Sleeve

No comments: