Monday, May 9, 2011

Another Baby's Hat

May 1: I was going to make a pair of baby socks from this yarn but I decided to do a hat and see how much is leftover afterwards. I’m not following any particular pattern, just trying to do a very basic hat.

I cast on 88 stitches and started a 2x2 ribbing. I’ll probably keep that up for an inch or inch and a half. Then I’ll switch to stockinette (will increase two stitches so I get up to 90, which will help even things out when I get to the decreases for the top) and do basic decreases around the top.

May 7: Finished. The yarn has a lot more pink in it than I first realized, so I’m thinking I’m going to have to save this one for a baby girl rather than my own little boy.


Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering in Just Plum

No comments: