Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Akimbo

April 23: I wanted to try to clear out some of my WIPs before starting new projects, but I just couldn’t help myself today in starting this shawl. The very beginning section was a little tricky (although I’ve done similar starts before), but I just tried to cast on loosely so I could more easily pick up those stitches. I also used a k1fb instead of M1 for the set up row because I had trouble finding the bar between stitches to pick up to make the new stitch.

April 26: I finished the garter stitch part and am ready to add in the contrasting color and start the chevron section.

May 21: The chevron section is rather slow going. It’s taking me around 30 minutes for each row so I’ve been trying to do a little each day instead of one massive knitting session. And after today’s little bit, I have just four rows remaining. Almost there!

May 22: And done! Needs to be blocked, which I’m about to go do. I really like the colors together.

May 24: All dry and ends woven in. I’m really happy with how this turned out.



Pattern: Akimbo by Stephen West (available to buy on Ravelry)
Yarn: JulieSpins Merino 370 in Garnet and Black Beauty

For sale in my etsy shop.

No comments: