Monday, January 15, 2007

Emily's Scarf

Rainy Day Scarf
Yarn: KP ShineWorsted (60% Pima Cotton/40% Modal) – Blush
Needles: Size 8

I wanted to make a scarf for my friend Emily, but she's allergic to wool. She also lives in Texas so doesn't need anything too heavy. So I decided to try this cotton yarn. I like the way it came out, but the yarn was sometimes a bit annoying to work with (it slid out of my fingers too easily and sometimes fuzz came off all over my hands)

Here's the scarf, wrapped around my neck (mirror shot)

And here's a close-up view of the scarf:



I did have one bit that didn't turn out so wonderfully. I've been really tight while binding off, so I made it a point to bind off loosely this time. It looks like I was a bit too loose as the ends now don't match. One is tight and square and the other points out at the corners (that's the loose bind off). I'm sure I could block the scarf and make it all line up, but I like the scrunched in look that it has right now so don't want to lose that. I guess I'll just send it to Em and let her decide what she wants to do with it.

No comments: