Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fingerless Mittens

I've been having really cold hands in the apartment, which makes it difficult to read and knit at times, so I decided to make some fingerless mittens. I had one ball of beautiful purple Malabrigo, so I decided it would be perfect and feel really nice against my hands.

Here's a picture of the first mitten in progress:



And here's the finished fingerless mittens. I wore the first one while knitting the second. And I've been wearing both of them most of the day since finishing them. My hands are definitely thanking me!



I learned a new technique with these. For the thumb hole, on one row I bound off four stitches and then on the next I cast back on those four stitches. I've never cast on stitches in the middle of a row before (I had to look up how to do it), but I think it turned out well.

Pattern: The Wave Hand Warmers from One-Skein Wonders edited by Judith Durant
Yarn: Malabrigo (kettle dyed pure merino wool and oh so soft!) in Purple Mystery
Needles: Size 8 double pointed

No comments: