Monday, February 12, 2007

One Skein Felted Purse - Yellow and Green

Last month I made a little felted purse and fell in love with it. I had to make another one. Since it's knitted with two strands of yarn, I thought I'd try using two different colors. So I checked my stash and grabbed a green and yellow. One again, it came out rather nicely, although the colors aren't ones that I personally love. But that's okay as this is definitely one that I made specifically for the silent auction, so I hope someone else will like it. I also think that if I do another one, I'll try using i-cord for the handle.

Here's the purse before felting.



And then after felting, where the colors have blended in together rather nicely. (Still drying in the picture, hence the reason for the plastic bags you can see poking out of the inside.) Once it is dry, I'm going to add a magnetic button closure to it.



Here are the specs:
Pattern: One-Skein Felted Purse from One-Skein Wonders
Yarn: KnitPicks Wool of the Andes (100% Peruvian Highland Wool) in Forest Green Heather and Daffodil
Needles: Size 11 circular (24"); changed to straight needles for handle

No comments: