Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Skew Socks

May 10: Started these during a class at my LYS tonight. The homework for next week’s class is to finish up through the foot. So far so good!

May 24: In tonight’s class I got up through the grafting together part of the heel construction. This is a really intriguing design and the way the colors are coming out with the yarn just makes this a fun project to knit to see what happens next!

May 30: Finished all the way except for the bind off. Class is tomorrow night and we’ll be doing a sewn bind off which I’ve done once or twice but will wait for class to refresh my memory on how to do it.

The leg goes really really quickly with the short rows. I was expecting it to take longer (guess I was thinking about a traditional sock construction), so I was quite surprised to get through it so fast!

I did have to break into the second skein of yarn to finish off the sock so it looks like I’ll need to pick up another skein when I go to class tomorrow (last time I was in my LYS, there were a couple of skeins left, so I hope one is still there!).

May 31: Bound off the first sock and started the second. The sock looks so weird!

June 2: Working on the foot portion of second sock.

June 6: The nice thing about this pattern is that it seems to go quickly. Perhaps it is the whole skew part but especially once you get to the short rows on the leg, the socks just fly off the needles. So the second sock is done. The socks are a tad big (the heel pokes out in a little point and there are some baggy places), but they are close enough of a fit. But very very odd looking!

Pattern: Skew by Lana Holden
Yarn: Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett 6-ply (colorway 05950)



No comments: