Saturday, December 13, 2008

Clapotis

July 21: This pattern seems to be all the rage. I still can’t decide if I like it or not, so I decided that the best way to figure that out is to make one for myself. ~grin~



July 27: Have gone through one skein and started the second. And I’ve done the dropped stitch part twice. It was scary the first time but it was kinda fun the second time.


August 23: Just four more repeats on the main body and then I can start the decreasing. I’m at the point where I’m a little tired of doing this section, but I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out so I’ll keep going.



August 30: Finished the knitting and dropping the stitches. Now I need to block and weave in the ends. And I think that I already love this wrap!




September 21: Have finally set this up for blocking. It laid out pretty well, so I’ll give it a couple of days to dry completely and then I’ll weave in the ends.




September 23: All done! And I like it!



Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino in Cape Cod Gray

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

Beautiful! I love this yarn. I have bought more of this, but the varigation of pinks and lavendars are no more...it is still a beautiful gray, but the varigated color is what made me fall in love with this yarn. If you have any skeins leftover...I'd buy them!!

Mendozy said...

Oh, I'm knitting the Clap in this exact yarn and colour at the moment (though on the hunt for more as I only have half enough and need a specific dye lot!). Hope mine turns out as well as yours ...