Saturday, December 13, 2008

Socks for Eden

October 4, 2008: I decided to try socks on DPNs again and see if I can actually finish a pair when making just one at a time. I like how the sock has turned out so far.


October 11, 2008: Finished the first sock! I did discover, just as I was decreasing for the toes that I had been reading the pattern incorrectly. The design calls for Rows 1 and 2 to be knit a certain way and Rows 3 and 4 another way. For some reason, I read that as Rows 1 and 3 and Rows 2 and 4 (and wondered why not just have 2 rows if they were the same). So it doesn’t look quite like what the pattern calls for, but I do like it. But beyond my stupid mistake, the pattern is quite well written. And although the sock is a little too big for me, I’m going to have a hard time giving these away - they are so soft and comfortable! Now I need to make its mate.

October 21: Finished with second sock! And these didn’t suffer from second sock syndrome. Yay! It looks like the socks match up pretty well and I can’t wait to see how Eden likes them.

October 23: Gave the socks to Eden last night. Took a picture of her wearing them but the lighting was bad, so you can’t really see the color (the unworn pictures are much more accurate). They seem to fit well and she’s very happy with them.

Pattern: Hedgerow Socks
Yarn: Yarn Pirate BFL Sock in Wintergreen

No comments: