Friday, July 31, 2009

Kai-Mei

May 9: I wanted a knitting project to work on while listening to papers at a conference, but since Devon is a bit more complex, I didn’t want to work on it. So haramis suggested Kai-Mei since it starts out with simple ribbing on the leg. So I have started these socks, but I actually haven’t spent as much time knitting as I thought I would, so I have only about 1” finished so far. But there’s still 1-1/2 days of the conference left.

May 11: I have about 4 inches on the leg finished.

May 24: Finished turning the heel and picking up the gusset stitches.

May 30: Finished first sock. Fits just right. And thank you to haramis for the tip about using a stitch marker (one that opens) to hold the YOs that will be purled together for the nifty pattern. That was definitely a big help!

July 24: Finally cast on for second sock!

July 26: Finished leg and heel flap.

July 27: Finished turning the heel and decreasing the gusset. Now I’m working on the foot. I had 8 pattern repeats on sock #1 and I’ve finished 3 of them so far on this second sock. I remember the foot going pretty quickly on the first one, so I hope to finish these in the next couple of days.

July 29: Finished!




Pattern: Kai-Mei from Sock Innovation by Cookie A
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Happy Forest

No comments: