Friday, July 31, 2009

Springtime Bandit

July 15: Because I just can’t seem to focus on one project at a time, I just had to start a new one. The cast on and set up for this project really confused me. I tried it multiple times and each time it just looked completely bulky and ugly and not something I really wanted to have on my shawl. So I just did a long-tail cast on of 7 stitches and went from there. There’s a little curve in the edge right there but I think it looks okay. I worked through the set-up rows and 3 of the 4 pattern repeats for the body. This is turning out to be a pretty quick knit!

July 17: I’ve finished up through row 12 of the Edge Chart and have just finished off the first skein of yarn.

July 18: Finished. I still need to block it, so I’ll do that in the next couple of days and get some pictures posted.

July 20: Blocking.





Pattern: Springtime Bandit by Kate Gagnon Osborn
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Violetas

No comments: