Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Corrugator

October 18: I started another pattern with this yarn, but I wasn’t enjoying knitting it so I switched to this pattern. Now I’m thinking that I made it too wide because at only 110 yards per skein, even with 3 skeins of this yarn, I don’t have very much and the scarf will probably be a lot shorter than I’d like. But I’m going to keep going with it and see what happens.

Later: Okay, I changed my mind. I decided that the fabric was too tight and also that it was going to be way too short, so I ripped out what I had done (about half of one skein) and started over. I went up to size 8 needles and cast on 29 stitches (I had cast on something like 41 the first time on size 6 needles). I think it’s working out better this time.

January 3, 2010: Finished this scarf in the car on the way back from Texas. I like the colors but hate the feel of the yarn, so I think I’m going to donate it.





Pattern: The Corrugator by Paula Smith
Yarn: Noro Kureyon (#226)

No comments: