Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lightweight Pullover

October 20: When I saw this pattern, I just had to knit it. I even bought yarn specifically for this pattern (which I rarely ever seem to do these days). Got started on it tonight. I used a 24” circular to start and it was difficult going at first because the stitches weren’t quite enough to go around (120 stitches), but I don’t have a 16” circular in size 6, so I made due. When I increase, things will be better. Right now, I’m just getting exactly enough slack on the stitches to make it work.

October 25: Finished the 9” neck (took almost a complete skein). Round and round in stockinette is a little boring (I did a lot of reading while knitting it), but I really like the feel of the fabric the yarn is creating, so I’m excited to keep going with this project to see how it will turn out!

November 10: Divided for the sleeves! It’s coming along nicely.

January 2, 2010: Finished the body of the sweater. Just the sleeves to go. And so far it fits well.

January 16: I’ve gotten to the point on the sleeve that the 16” circular is just a little too big and the stitches are stretched pretty tightly over it. I don’t want to do the 2x2 ribbing with that happening. When I was at a LYS in Texas, I saw that there were some 12” circulars and I almost bought some but decided against it. Now I wish I had. I checked my LYS and didn’t find them so I ordered one online. I’m going to wait until it gets here before I get back to work on this project, so it’s on pause for a few days.

January 22: The 12” circulars are working much better (although it’s sometimes a little tight to knit on such a small cable), so I’ve finished sleeve #1 and started sleeve #2.

January 30: Finished! I’ve posted two pictures pre-blocking. I’m blocking right now and will post more pictures after that.





Pattern: Lightweight Pullover by Hannah Fettig (available for purchase on Ravelry)
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns Fresco (wool, angora, alpaca) in Regatta

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi! I'm also working on this sweater! Im on the increases, and got a little confused. Should it be 60 rows knit total or 30? And what size did you do? I want it a little loose, but Im worried mine might be fitted! Thanks for blogging about this!

karendawn said...

Katrina, thanks for your comment. Honestly, it's been so long ago that I knit this that I don't remember any of the specific details. I checked my Ravelry project page and I didn't list which size I knit or anything beyond what's in this blog post. Sorry I can't be of more help!

You should try either contacting the designer directly (website: http://knitbot.com/) or you could go to the Ravelry group dedicated to this designer's patterns where you should find people who've made the sweater more recently and who would most likely be able to help you (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitbot-knitters).

Good luck and happy knitting!