Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jarrett's Felted Clogs

January 17: My husband has been complaining about his cold feet and I finally figured out that he’s been hinting that he would like a pair of these clogs. So I’m knitting the massive men’s large size. I’ve finished the main body of the first clog (just the sole to knit and of course the felting to go). This is still a fairly quick knit but at the largest size, it’s certainly taking up more time.

January 19: Finished knitting the first clog. I’m going to wait to felt it until I finish the second so I can do them at the same time. I also think I’m going to need more of the blue yarn as I weighed it before and after knitting the first clog and I’ve used up just over half of it. ~sigh~ (I’ll be fine with the grey, though.) In good news, the clog is ginormous on my husband’s foot, which means it should felt down quite nicely.

January 23: Picked up the second skein of the blue this morning so I started the second clog. Good thing I got the extra skein as I would have indeed run short of yarn by just a tiny bit. Finished the main section. Now I just need to sew up the bottom, knit the sole and attach it. (And of course felt them.)

January 26: Finished, felted, drying. (Am getting very tired of knitting this pattern! Although I am always very happy with the results.)

Pre-felting


Post-felting


Pattern: Felted Clogs from FiberTrends
Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool in #4002 and #9449

No comments: