Sunday, October 31, 2010

Argante

July 20: Am intrigued by the construction of knitting a shawl from side to side. So far so good and I like how it’s looking and really love how the yarn is feeling.

August 25: I’m almost to the halfway point. I keep thinking that I’ll go ahead and stop “now” but then I have more yarn in the first skein left and I think maybe a wider shawl to really be able to wrap around myself will be nice. I haven’t counted the number of repeats I’ve done so far but I seem to have quite a few stitches on the needle so I’m sure it’s been a lot.

August 30: And I’ve hit the halfway point (and beyond). I really have fallen in love with this sideways construction because I can just knit until I’m halfway through the yarn and then start the other half. It’s going to be wonderful for wanting to use up as much of the yarn as possible! I’ll be doing more of this type of construction (and more from this designer).

September 23: Finished! I ended up with a good chunk of yarn leftover so I guess I could have made it wider, but I’m happy to have some left rather than running out so I think that’s fine. And it turned out to be a really great width that I will easily be able to wrap around myself to keep warm. Although I got a bit bored of doing the edging pattern over and over and over, I did enjoy the sideways construction of the shawl and like that it is wide from tip to tip and narrowed from top to point.



Pattern: Argante by Corrina Ferguson
Yarn: JulieSpins 50/50 Merino Silk in Tea Rose

No comments: