Sunday, October 31, 2010

Brioche Cowl

July 19: Started during a class at my LYS. Definitely glad I took the class as this was difficult to begin (some of the terminology in the pattern is a bit confusing), but now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s going more swiftly. I do need lots of concentration to do it, though.

September 18: Wow, I hadn’t worked on this in a while, so it took me a little while to figure out exactly what to do again. So I have one mistake that now would be really difficult to fix so I’ll have to leave it (a piece of the yellow crosses over the blue near one edge).

October 9: So, brioche is really neat but it takes forever just to get a little bit done. Instead of having this project just constantly hanging over me, I decided that it was currently the perfect length for a cowl. So I knit one row straight and bound off. Then I sewed the two ends together. Ta da! Reversible cowl!

Pattern: Reversible Brioche Scarf by Lori Law
Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool in 9325 (blue) and Cascade Lana D'Oro Solids in 1105 (yellow)

No comments: