Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cowls for Eden and Gina

December 23: I finished the second of two cowls today. I wanted to make something for the two gals in my gaming group and decided this cowl would be great. So I picked out yarn in the colors I thought they would like (Gina got Whale’s Road and Eden got Emerald) and went to work. I finished the first one during our gaming session and gave it to Gina. It took me a couple more days to get to Eden’s but it is now also finished. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture of Gina’s (did at least get a pic of the yarn) but I did take a quick picture of Eden’s (I'm also posting a picture of the yarn for Gina's).

















I was wondering why these turned out to be tighter than the one I made for myself a while back. Apparently my needles were in the wrong pocket so I used much smaller needles (10 3/4 instead of 13) than intended. Oops. At least they still fit!

Pattern: Dolores Park Cowl by Parikha Mehta
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in Emerald and Whale's Road

No comments: