Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Little Miss Sunshine

November 21: Need to get working on Christmas gifts so I decided to give this one a go. I had a bit of a mini heart attack last night when I couldn’t find the pattern. But after a while spent looking for it, I finally found it, safely tucked away inside another pattern. Colors used should be Semolina (yellow), Coal (black), and Serrano (red).

November 24: Finished all the knitting bits. Used a whole skein of the Semolina and part of a second. Now it’s just a matter of piecing it all together, which is the part I really hate. But I’ve got about a month, so hopefully I can talk myself into completing it during that time.

December 6: Did all the seaming and putting together of parts. The only thing left to do is to embroider her face. I’m really pleased with how it looks so far so I hope I don’t mess up the face!
















December 21: Finally stitched the face. The mouth is a little crooked, but overall, I think it turned out quite nicely. I actually don’t really want to give this away, but I did send it out in today’s mail.
















Pattern: Little Miss Sunshine by Alan Dart (out of print)
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK in Semolina (yellow), Coal (black), and Serrano (red)

No comments: