Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Emily's Christmas Pink Ranger

December 8: Details of this project will be posted after Christmas as this is a present for Emily. A couple of vague notes: I’m using a technique that I haven’t used before on this project and I’m finding it a bit tedious. But it’s good to learn something new. I just hope it all turns out okay!

December 12: I had a hard time doing ____ with the project (blank to be filled in after Christmas) so part of it looks a little wonky. I did finally have a breakthrough regarding _____ and what I’ve done since then looks a lot better. Although it doesn’t look great for the part I did before I figured it out, I just don’t have the patience to take it all out and do it over again. Sorry, Emily!

December 12 (later): I’ve reached saturation point on this project for today, so I’m putting it aside for a while to work on other gifts, but I’m determined to get this one done in time so Emily can get it for Christmas!

December 18: Finished! I would do this only for Emily but will never do this again!

December 25: Okay, so the gift has been opened and I can post details. First, the new technique I used was intarsia. Not something I plan to make a habit of (the bobbins were annoying) but I’m glad that now have the skill in my knitting arsenal. The technique that I discussed in the ____ above is the dreaded seaming, which is the bane of my knitting existence.






















Pattern: Might Morphin' Power Rangers Intarsia by Alan Dart (out of print)
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK in Petal, White, Coal, Red, and Gray

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh wow! Power Rangers! so cool!