Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rolled Brim Hat (Take 2)

December 2: With the first half of this yarn, I made a rolled brim hat, but I was unhappy with the “nipple” at the top. So I decided to try again. I cast on 72 stitches and just knit and knit and knit until I felt that it was tall enough. Then I started decreasing (if I remember correctly, it was something like the following):
K10, K2tog
K all (2 rounds)
K9, K2tog
K all (2 rounds)
K8, K2tog
K all
K7, K2tog
K2, K2tog
K2, K2tog
K2tog
Pull yarn through remaining stitches.

I had to start doing the major decreasing in a hurry because I was almost out of yarn. I was a little worried about how it might turn out because of that, but I’m actually really pleased with how the top looks. Definitely a successful hat!



















Yarn: Madil Yarns Pierrot Print

No comments: