Sunday, June 19, 2011

Baby Socks #3

June 18: Should have just enough yarn leftover to make this pair of socks to match the baby hat. At least I’m hoping there will be enough. Just in case, I’m shortening the cuff just a tad.

Finished the first sock and got through the heel flap on the second. I’m now thinking that there’s not going to be enough yarn to finish, but I”m going to keep on trucking for now and cross my fingers.

June 19: Okay, so I apparently am not good at calculating how much yarn is needed! I ran out while I was still decreasing the gusset stitches on the second sock. I had a tiny bit of the Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky leftover, so I continued with that. And I ran out just as I got to the toes! So I looked through my stash and thought that the JulieSpins in Night Heron seemed a decent match, so I finished out the toe with it. If you look carefully, you can definitely see the different yarn (three different!) but from a distance it does actually blend together okay. But now I’ll know a little better about how much yarn is really needed, even for a tiny pair of socks!

 
Pattern: Easy Baby Ankle Socks by Hattie Adkins (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Harmony Mist

No comments: