Thursday, June 16, 2011

Simple Skyp Socks

January 5: I wanted a simple sock project to take with me on my trip and although this is indeed simple, I didn’t have as much time to knit as I had thought, so I really only finished just the cuff on my trip.

May 20: Finally picked these back up again. Gosh, I didn’t realize that I had started them back in January. Yikes!

May 22: Finished the first sock. It’s an excellent fit and I look forward to having the matching pair, so I’d better get started on the second sock right away!

June 10: It took me a little while to get started on the second sock, but I finally did tonight. I’m about 2 inches into the leg.

June 15: Today I finished the leg, turned the heel, decreased the gusset stitches and am now working on the foot. I don’t know why I let these socks linger for so long; this is a super quick pattern!

June 16: And done! I think I’ve fallen in love with this yarn; it is so incredibly soft. (The picture of the single sock is more true to the actual colors of the yarn.)



Pattern: Simple Skyp Socks by Adrienne Ku
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Harmony Mist

No comments: