Friday, June 10, 2011

Frog Button Baby Cardigan

June 7: This pattern seems fairly easy and the cardigan is cute. I picked the colors based upon what I have in my stash that I wanted to use up, but I think they look nice together and the dark green of the Vaa cancels out some of the pinkish/peachish of the other to make it more boyish. At least I’m hoping that will be what happens!

Finished a few rows after the sleeve division today. I really love the way the two colorways are working together and I think it looks just fine for a little boy.

June 8: Finished the body today.

June 9: Finished the sleeves today. I used a sewn bind off for the sleeves to make absolutely sure they weren’t too tight.

June 10: Right side button band finished. I picked up 64 stitches and it was quite easy (after a little bit of math) to figure out how far apart to space the button holes, which were simple yo button holes. Managed to evenly pick up exactly 64 stitches on the left button band as well. Whew!

Went to Joann’s to look for buttons. I had in mind some in a dark wood. But then I started looking at some of the fun buttons and fell in love with these frog faces, so I decided to go with those instead of my original idea. I think it gives the cardigan a whimsical side. Now I’m really looking forward to seeing this on my little guy, but I’ll have to be patient for now.



Pattern: Little Coffee Bean Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Vaa and Novembrie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh. it's so cute! would look good on my nephew :)