Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Brigit Socks

February 16: Cast on and finished 5 rounds of the cuff.

February 17: Worked a little more on first sock. Finished the cuff and 9 rounds of the leg. The very small cables are rather annoying with a cable needle, so I think I’ll look into the how to cable without using a needle and see if that helps.

February 22: Finished the leg and the heel flap. I decided that working with the cable needle was actually less annoying that trying to cable without a needle. I did, however, slip the stitch from the cable needle back to the left needle rather than knitting it off the cable needle. That seems to help.

February 26: Working on the foot and have about 5” completed so far.

February 28: Working on the decreases for the toe.

March 1: Sock #1 finished. Another perfect fit and oh so comfortable. I can’t wait to knit its mate so I can wear this pair of socks!

March 3: Cast on for Sock #2 and finished the cuff.

March 22: I’m finally getting back to working on these socks. I hope I can finish by the end of the month so they’ll count for February Sockdown! I’ve finished turning the heel and am now decreasing the gusset stitches.

March 25: If I’m counting correctly, I think I have about 18 more rounds to go before I begin decreasing for the toe. So I should be just fine to finish this by the end of the month!

March 27: Finished! I’m wearing them now and they’re a perfect fit and very comfortable. I love them!

Pattern: Brigit (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Lotus Yarns Nirvana in Hitchcock Starlet (buy this yarn here or here)

No comments: