Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Retro Rib Socks

Jan. 22: I’ve been holding off on actually using any of my “precious” Sundara, but I realize that’s kinda silly. Yarn should be knitted, not stored in a box. So I wound it into a ball and started these socks. I’ve only done about 11 rounds so far, so I’ll post a picture when I get a little more done. I will say that starting off with a purl round working on DPNs is something I haven’t done before and it was a little difficult to get it to feel “comfortable” at first. But it’s perfectly fine now.

Jan. 23: Worked on a little more of the leg and finished 5 pattern repeats. Only 12 more to go before starting the heel.

Jan. 24: Finished up through 9 pattern repeats.

Jan. 25: Finished the leg, turning the heel, and picking up gusset stitches. Now working on decreasing the gusset stitches.

Jan. 28: Working on the foot now.

Jan. 29: Sock #1 finished. And I absolutely love it. Not only is it a perfect fit, the Sundara is just absolutely lovely and soft and comfortable. I think this might turn into one of my favorite pairs of socks. Now to make its mate! (Update: I finished the cuff on the second sock.)

Feb. 14: Finally got back to working on this project. After a marathon day of knitting, I finished the leg, heel flap, heel turn, and picking up the gusset stitches. My hands really hurt, but I’m really happy with the progress.

Feb. 15: Spent a good chunk of today working on this sock and it’s approaching the end. I have 6 more rounds on the foot and then I just have to decrease for the toe!

Feb. 16: Finished. Perfect fit. I think these are my absolutely favorite socks I’ve made so far. I think it will be hard to get me to take them off!

Pattern: Retro Rib Socks from Favorite Socks
Yarn: Sundara Sock Yarn in Lenten Rose

No comments: