Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring Forward

March 27: Cast on and finished a few rounds of the cuff.

April 8: Finished the cuff and the first 6 rounds of the pattern repeat.

April 9: Finished the first set of pattern repeat (24 rounds) plus 2 on the next set. (2-1/2 pattern repeats total for leg so I’m almost halfway there)

April 10: Finished another 26 rounds of leg. Only 8 more rounds to go before starting the heel!

April 11: Finished the heel flap, turning the heel, picking up the gusset stitches, and started decreasing the gusset.

April 12: Working on the foot now. If I’ve figured out the measurements correctly, I have about 36 more rounds to to before I start decreasing for the toes.

April 14: Finished the foot. All that is left is decreasing the toes and sock #1 will be finished.

April 15: Finished first sock! It fits perfectly, but since the yarn is not very stretchy, it’s quite a chore to actually get the sock on and off! But since it’s so comfortable, I’m not likely to take it off too quickly. ;)

April 18: Cast on for second sock.

April 19: This second sock is flying by! Finished up through picking up the gusset stitches today!

April 22: Finished the foot so I just have the toe left!

April 23: Second sock done! I’m very happy with how these turned out, although I’ve learned that this yarn is not the best for socks because it’s not very stretchy. Once I get the socks on, they fit beautifully, but getting them on over heel and ankle is quite a struggle!

Pattern: Spring Forward
Yarn: JulieSpins 50/50 Merino/Silk in Gold

No comments: