Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Forest Canopy Shawl

March 7: Cast on. The pattern is fairly simple so everything is going well so far.

March 8: I’m up to 155 stitches (need to get to 195 before beginning the border rows).
March 9: Just a few more rows tonight. Up to 163 stitches.
March 10: Almost finished with the body. Up to 191 stitches (of 195), so just two more rows to go before I begin the border rows (8 of those and then the binding off rows). Also, I joined in the 2nd skein of yarn and I tried the Russian Join which honestly makes me a little nervous, but it looks like it it holding up so far. We’ll see how it goes when I block it!
March 12: Finished with the knitting and so now I just need to block it (pictures are currently unblocked and not in good light). I have quite a bit of yarn leftover (I’ll measure it tomorrow) so I wish I had know that and finish an additional pattern repeat. But I do love the color and it’s oh so soft!

March 13: Currently blocking. It’s not quite as big as I had expected, but it’s a very nice small shawl. (About 3 feet across and 1-1/2 feet the other way)

March 14: This dried rather quickly so it’s all finished.

Pattern: Forest Canopy Shawl
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky in Indiecita
Shawl has been sold in my etsy store: karendawn.etsy.com

No comments: