Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MIL Socks


Feb. 7: Trying again to knit a pair of socks for my MIL. Will be
much more careful about measuring this time (I made one sock with the foot way too small). And I’m just going with a very basic sock - ribbed leg and stockinette foot.

Feb. 9: About an inch left on the leg before I start the heel. I didn’t realize until looking at this picture exactly how the colors were lining up. I like it.

Feb. 11: Finished with the heel and now working on the foot.

Feb. 21: Had a two-day conference so I worked on this during the speakers’ presentations. Finished the foot and now working on the toe decreases.

Feb. 22: First sock finished!

March 6: Cast on the second sock.

April 25: I’ve now turned the heel on the second sock and just have to do the foot and toes.

May 4: Finished the foot of the second sock. Now just the toes remaining!

May 5: Finished! Just in time for Mother’s Day.

Pattern: Silver's Sock Class
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Mt Creek

No comments: