Monday, June 21, 2010

Rainbow Socks

May 20: To help show off the stripes to the best advantage, I’m doing a very basic sock pattern. I started toe up (using Judy’s Magic Cast On) with 16 stitches. I increased to 72 stitches. Then when I finished with the toe, I started a 4x2 ribbing on the top of the foot. I think I’ll do a short row heel but I’ll decide for sure when I get there. Love the stripes so far.

May 21: Went with the short row heel (followed instructions from Wendy Johnson’s Toe Up Socks book). I think it turned out okay.

June 2: Finished Sock #1. Did a 1x1 rib on the cuff (in red) and used a sewn bind off.

June 13: Worked on Sock #2 over vacation. Just need to finish up the leg.

June 16: All done. I’m a bit upset with the second skein (and thus second sock). There were lots of splotches of dye especially in the yellow sections but really in all of them. So I have a rainbow spotted sock.



Pattern: none; just basic toe up socks
Yarn: KnitPicks Felici in Rainbow

No comments: