Thursday, June 3, 2010

Small Funky Sock Monkey

May 19: I’ve been looking forward to knitting from this kit so I decided to go ahead and start. Beginning with the small monkey (which does seem pretty darn small!).

May 20: Hmm…am disappointed with my monkey so far. The lips just aren’t very poofy and the small monkey is very small. Perhaps the larger version will go better, but I’m just not sure why my monkey’s face doesn’t look like the one in the pictures. Did finish the main body yesterday; just the arms and ears (and eyes) to go.

May 20 (later): Finished all the knitting and minimal seaming. Just need to get something for the eyes. Taking the piece of yarn and tying off the neck (making it seem separate from the body) seems to have helped quite a bit, but I still am not completely happy with how this monkey turned out. Here’s hoping the large size goes better.

May 27: Sewed on eyes. I’m just feeling meh about this project.



Pattern: Funky Sock Monkey (small) by cockeyed the sockateer
Yarn: Blue Moon Socks That Rock in Purple Rain and Rhodonoite

No comments: