Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wool Peddler's Shawl

February 22: I needed a project to work on for a car trip tomorrow so I decided that this shawl would be an easy project to take with me.
April 8: Just 4 more rows to go in the garter stitch section.
May 12: Picked this one up again and finally started the lace section.
June 19: Finished! Right at the end, though, my needle slipped out of the last stitch as I was reaching for my scissors. And a couple of stitches unraveled, but I couldn’t figure out how the heck they were supposed to go back together so I did my best at fixing it, but I think it looks a bit off. But it’s not too terrible so it should be fine. The soysilk yarn was really interesting. I love the drape of the yarn (it doesn’t even seem at all like it needs blocking!) but doing things like weaving in ends made me feel like the yarn isn’t very secure because it slips around a lot and doesn’t have a lot of grip. So it makes for a beautiful shawl, but when I wash it, I’ll have to be extra careful, I think.


Pattern: Wool Peddler's Shawl by Cheryl Oberle (in Folk Shawls)
Yarn: South West Trading Company Oasis

Sold in my etsy shop.

No comments: