Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vine Yoke Cardigan

January 17: I really wanted to get started on this cardigan especially because the construction really intrigues me. I’ve never done a cardigan knit from side to side before. So I finished the buttonhole band and two pattern repeats of the next section. So far it’s a fairly straightforward knit but also fun.

January 20: I got the the part where I started the sleeve. When I was putting the sleeve back together with the yoke section, it took me a little while to figure out what went where. When I finally figured out that “left needle” meant the left needle (after not turning) of the sleeve stitches, it all came together quite nicely. But there were a few head scratching moments in there!

May 18: This one had been on hold for quite a while so I’m now turning back toward it and focusing on getting it finished. I’m now over halfway through the back section so that means I’m halfway through the project!

May 26: Getting close to the end. I picked up some buttons today so that when I do finish with the knitting I can get the buttons sewed on right away and get this project in the finished category! Love how it is looking so far.

May 27: Finished! 3rd from top picture is finished but unblocked. Currently blocking.

May 31: Got my husband to take a couple of pictures of me wearing the cardigan. Yay!

Pattern: Vine Yoke Cardigan by Ysolde Teague
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Applewood

No comments: