Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gryffindor Bag

February 10: Started

March 19: I learned the most awesome fair isle technique this morning: Two Handed Fair Isle. I’ve only gone two rounds using this technique, but it’s pretty darn amazing so far. I was concerned about some of the long floats on this project (although not overly so since I plan to line the purse so I would be hiding the floats) and now I don’t have to worry about them! I was excited about fair isle before but now I’m just ecstatic! See the difference? The bottom part is with the floats and the top part is with the new technique.



March 21: And the body is finished! I’m going to have to figure out how to do the crochet parts for around the edges and the strap so I may put this on hold for a little while until I figure that out.
March 27: Finally getting around to blocking this, so I thought I’d add pictures. The picture at the very bottom is the reverse side, so you can see the difference between the regular stranded method (bottom) and the weaving in method (top) that I mentioned above.
March 30: Finished the crochet edging and strap. I’m not sure if I’m super keen on the strap but I think I’ll leave it for now. So all that’s left is the lining (need to go buy some fabric so I’ll do that in the next couple of days).
April 8: Finally started working on the lining today. I’m not the world’s greatest at sewing so this is going to take me quite a while because I really want to make sure that it all comes together well at the end.
May 12: In an effort to finish up some of the lingering projects, I pushed through sewing in the lining this morning. That’s one of my least favorite parts of a project, so I’m so happy it is done. This is a cute little purse!




Pattern: HP House Fair Isle Pouch Bags by Rosemary Waits (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Maroon and Daffodil-Marigold

Available for sale in my etsy shop.

No comments: