Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Football Rabbit

When my niece was born, I cross stitched a baby blanket for her. I wanted to do another crafty item for my nephew who was born this past summer. Since I was now knitting, I wanted to knit something.

In a book called First Knits, I found the pattern for this r
abbit. I thought that I'd do it in blue yarn and it would be a nice addition to his room.



It did turn out to look like a big stuffed football. But I guess since it's for a boy, that didn't hurt too much. The eyes are a little uneven, but my sister said it just makes it look like it's winking.



I guess it turned out okay, but I was a tiny bit disappointed with it. Looking back on it now, I think the pattern was as much to blame as my own knitting - it was rather shapeless. So I've now got a book on toys that look much better (as you'll see in a later post).

No comments: