Thursday, December 28, 2006

Kristin's Scarf

There was a fun scarf patten that I found in SNB: Nation that I've wanted to work on (it's a checkerboard, but looks better than the checkerboard dishcloth that I did). One of my friends had a birthday coming up at the beginning of September, so I decided to make the scarf for her. I thought that I remembered her jacket being dark blue and green, so I decided to go for a dark blue (hoping that if I didn't remember her jacket right, it would at least probably match other stuff okay). The yarn was from KnitPicks - I'm pretty sure that is was Telemark (100% Peruvian wool) in Alpine Frost.

But I had only one skein of the yarn.So I worked on that skein, knowing that I would need more than one for the whole scarf. I placed an order online and hoped that it would arrive before Labor Day weekend so I could spend the weekend working on the scarf. I was getting worried, but on that Saturday it did indeed arrive. Yay!

So I knitted and knitted and knitted. I watched The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. and Animaniacs. And I knitted and knitted some more. I had until Wednesday to finish it since I wouldn't see her until then. Tuesday night at 10:00, I decided that it was long enough (the pattern called for it to be about 10 inches longer and she is pretty tall so I probably should have made it a big longer, but I wanted to get it to her and it seemed like it was long enough to work).

It was a project that took quite some time, but it was fun to make.


No comments: