Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Knitting Bag

After my success with the kerchief, I jumped right into a larger project - Zeeby's bag (from SNB). I picked out this purple yarn that I liked (though it stopped being quite so pretty after working on it for so long) and went to work. The basic parts weren't all that difficult - lots of rectangles. It did take me a while to finish it all (the school semester kept me busy).

Then came time for the seaming. Easy, I though. So I put together one large side panel with the bottom/small side piece. No problem. Then I started with the second large side panel. Oops. It came out completely uneven on the first side. Yikes! That's when I learned to really pay attention while seaming. I ripped out that side and started again. Much better. Added the handles and decided to forgo the pocket.


I liked how it all turned out, but I had one problem when putting my needles inside - they poked through! So I went to Hobby Lobby and got some material and managed to line the inside (I used some plastic canvas on the bottom to give it a sturdy bottom). The lining definitely made the bag complete!

No comments: