Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Scarf in Mmmmalabrigo

So I had been knitting all these scarves for other people. I wanted one for myself. I found a pattern online called the Irish Hiking Scarf that used cables. I decided to give it a try. I thought that cables would be really hard, so I had been reluctant to give it a try, but I'm so glad that I did. They weren't really that difficult after all and I love how this scarf turned out.

I love it even more because of the yarn that I used. On the Knittinghelp.com forum, people were talking about this yarn that they called Mmmmmmmalabrigo and they were raving about how nice and wonderful and soft it was. I found some on eBay and bought two skeins in pink frost. I just knew that this yarn and the Irish Hiking Scarf pattern would be perfect together.

I worked on this over a period of several months, doing a little here and there between other projects. And one day I finally finished it. I was so right about the yarn and pattern. It looks so wonderful and it truly is extremely soft. I'm very proud to have this scarf to wear.


1 comment:

Christine said...

Hi Karen!

This is a gorgeous scarf. I know that this is an old post for you. I found the scarf pattern online. Can you tell me if you used worsted weight?

Thanks!

Christine
Christine4979@hotmail.com