Thursday, December 28, 2006

Getting Started

I started knitting about a year ago. I had thought about knitting a bit but never really looked into it. Then one day I was in Target and I saw this book called Stitch 'N Bitch - it drew my attention and I looked through it. Hmm...I thought. Perhaps I could try this knitting thing. So I bought it. I read the first section then went off to Hobby Lobby to buy some yarn and knitting needles.

I wish I wrote down when I started, but I truly can't remember exactly. It was a rather slow start, but lately I've been gaining pace. I do keep another blog and post my completed knitting projects on it, but as I also write
many other things on that blog, I'd like to keep one blog specifically for knitting. So over the next few days, I plan to catch up by writing about all the projects I have worked on to date. Then I'll post with my daily knitting progress (as daily as possible).

The first swatch that I knitted had some issues. I must have increased while knitting because the sides start growing longer. And there's a hole right in the center. I've got a lot to learn still, but I think I've come a long way since this piece.


I remember how exciting it was to see something like yarn - one big long string - turn into something like this. I wasn't sure how it worked, but I knew that I wanted to do more.


No comments: