Monday, December 21, 2009

Mom's Christmas Blanket

August 13: My mom liked the blanket I’m making for myself so I’m going to make one for her as a Christmas present. We went to the LYS and she picked out the yarn, so I hope that means she’ll be happy with how it turns out.

And on this blanket, I’ve actually drawn out the blanket with the colors in place so I can make sure that everything will come together nicely rather than the very striped effect that my own log cabin blanket is doing. I’m happy with it so far.

December 20: Oh my gods. I can’t believe it. I’ve finally finished this blanket (and just in time for Christmas). I still have a few ends to weave in but overall it’s done! I did have a few little boo boos. I ran out of yarn at the end (and those colors weren’t available at my LYS and I didn’t have time to order more online), so the last brown and maroon stripes are a little skinnier than they should be. But I put a small border in the off-white around the edge (the same color as the middle) and I think it looks great; it really ties the whole thing together. My hands feel like they’re going to fall off, but I’m so very happy with how it turned out.

December 21: Pictures added. It somehow ended up square rather than rectangular. It measures about 47” across.



Pattern: Joseph's Blankie of Many Colors from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in Ruby Heather (1909), Shire (1918), Walnut Heather (862), Aran (817), Chocolate Twist (1945)

No comments: