Monday, December 21, 2009

Whitby

August 1: Started the first sock and finished up through the heel flap. Knitting socks with sport weight yarn definitely moves quickly!

August 2: Finished first sock! The pattern is pretty easy (both to memorize and to read). It’s a slightly different type of heel than I’ve done before (I believe it’s a square heel) and I think I like it. It seems sturdy and like it will wear a little better. It also looks like I’m going to have almost exactly enough yarn. (If my measurements are correct, I may have 0.1 oz leftover.)

August 21: Finally cast on for second sock.

August 29: I decided to treat myself to a full day of knitting and watching Buffy. After 12 episodes (season 4), I have another completed sock. And actually 0.4 oz of yarn leftover.

Pattern: Whitby by Nancy Bush (from Knitting on the Road)
Yarn: Mama Blue Knitting Goods Troika Sport in Ruby

No comments: