Monday, December 21, 2009

MIL Clogs

February 28: My MIL saw the clogs that I had made for myself and she commented that she wouldn’t mind a pair for herself, so I’m making these for her for Christmas. Today I finished the sole and upper part of clog #1. Just need to finish the second sole and attach it and the first clog will be done. (Well, done besides the felting.) I love how quickly this pattern knits up!

February 29: Finished first clog and felted it. I’ve never felted Cascade 220 before so I didn’t know how quickly it would go. I almost got the clog too small (in fact, I worry that it is 1/4” too small) because I didn’t check it quickly enough! I hope it fits. Still need to do the second one.

December 10: Finished second clog. I felted this one a little less so that it’s a bit larger than the first (which I’m worried might be just a tad too small). I hope they fit! (Added picture of clog #1 felted alongside clog #2 unfelted so you can see the difference in before/after felting.)





Pattern: Felted Clogs (AC-33) by Fiber Trends (purchase at LYS or through Ravelry)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Wool in Gold (#9463B) and Gris (#9473)

No comments: